RIDE ACROSS PORTUGAL – 4th Edition
Despite the growth of confidence in a positive evolution of the pandemic crisis, reinforced by the beginning of mass vaccination in many countries, the organization of Ride Across Portugal is still following this evolution very closely, working in partnership with the official health entities.
A lower limited number of participants, and a course mostly designed on remote areas and away from the most populated cities of Portugal, associated with our experience on professional cycling events allows us to organize a safe Ride Across Portugal, applying some of the appropriate measures already tried successfully in the pro cycling race Tour of Portugal organized last October.
The best practices, some of which are included in the Safety Shell model, used in UCI pro cycling races will be applied on this event.
- Registration limit reduced for 70 athletes
- Creation of a "Safety Shell" throughout the days of the event - similar to the one created in the UCI pro cycling races (our Tour of Portugal experience)
- All athletes will must to present a negative test done 5 days before the "zero" day (16 May)
- During the event, if any suspicious symptoms appears, the athlete will be tested and may be removed from the event if the result is positive.
- We only work with hotels certified with the Safe and Clean COVID 19 Official Label.
- All members of staff will be tested before the event.
- The entire organization fully respects the rules defined by national and international Public Health entities.
Some of these measures may not be applied if there is a strong positive evolution in the health situation.
In case of doubt, or if you need more information, contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org